Forums

Topickid's education

• Thu 17th Aug 2017 - 3:02pm

Just because "many kids (your words) ...can learn the CC standards" does not mean that this kind of learning is what is best for them at this stage of their lives. "Many kids can" also means that "many kids CAN'T." What about those children? How many is "many?" The majority? Only 1/3? If not the majority, and a substantial one at that, then I would take it as a sign that we are indeed asking too much of 5-year-olds. (I am aware than many systems now have requirements that children already be 5 years of age before entering Kindergarten, but not all, and CCSS demands that Kindergarten standards be met by ALL Kindergarteners, not just the ones who will turn 7 in a setting where children regularly used to turn 5.) 

Also, there is, or should be (or used to be, anyway). much much more to Kindergarten then academic learning and meeting academic standards. Those "soft skills" help all children in school, both personally and academically; if the early years are when those skills are most easily taught and learned, and if they can help academic learning down the road, then perhaps we are putting the cart before the horse? 

As for IQ tests, there are many individual households and entire neighborhoods who are increasingly affected by poverty. Many middle-class neighborhoods are disappearing, and more and more children are living in poverty, so I think you have actually bolstered the author's point about the instability of IQ testing by pointing out that individual scores can drop due to poverty.

Best, a writer at writepaperforme.org.

• Wed 13th Jun 2018 - 11:36am

To get the primary education is the right of everyone and we need to make more conscious about kids education. In many countries primary education is free and its compulsory to sent the children to the schools. This article much useful to know more about this topic. Chrome browser issues

• Mon 18th Jun 2018 - 7:41am

Kids education is more vital than anything else especially for parents. You can go for essay assignment help for any sort of writing assistance.

• Sat 21st Jul 2018 - 1:22pm

Data RecoverySoftware Installation Wifi troubleshootingPrinter setup

Please register or login to post forum replies