TopicCox SMTP outgoing server on iphone and ipad
I'm facing a problem on my Cox email account. I just want to send email from Cox SMTP outgoing server on iphone and ipad. If anyone can have better option for me so please suggest me.
- Remove your email account and set it up again
- On your computer, sign in to your email provider’s website. Make sure that all of your email is there or make sure that your email is saved somewhere other than your iOS device.
- On your iOS device, go to Settings > Mail > Accounts.
- Tap the email account that you want to remove.
- Tap Delete Account.
- How to restart
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the slider appears.
- Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
- After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo
- iPhone or iPad Auto Configuration to Send and Receive Cox Email
- From the iPhone or iPad home screen, tap Settings
- On the Settings screen, tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Account.
- On the Add Account screen, tap Other.
- Tap Add Mail Account.
- On the New Account screen, enter the following information:
- Cox Email Address
- Tap Next.
- Tap Save.
Using an iPhone 6 (but replicated issue on iPhone 7 and iPad) when not on Cox wifi, I am not able to send emails from the Cox email account. All outgoing server settings are correct. I can access on my Mac and via web mail. Error message comes up that says 'Cannot Send Mail the user name or password for 'Cox' is incorrect." It works everywhere else so that is not the issue. Account has been deleted and added, phone rebooted, and various other approaches tried. I see other forums indicate this remains an unresolved issue. For me, it started appearing about two months ago. http://consumertripleplay.com/latest-news/charter-expands-spectrum-gigabit-internet-service-to-more-markets/